As with all electronics, any handset after some period of usage can be reset to its factory settings for any reason. You may need to change ownership of the handset, and therefore want the option of erasing some or all data in the phone’s internal memory or micro SD card. At times, a hard reset may be needed when the handset hangs and cannot perform effectively. The Garmin Asus Garminfone is no exception, and the following procedures apply when hard resetting is carried out.
It is very important to note that all data stored in the phone’s internal memory will be erased from the handset (Garmin-Asus Garminfone) when the procedure below is followed. The data stored in the micro SD card may or may not be erased. It is advisable that all personal files and data be backed up before commencing the process. If you wish to preserve data in the micro SD card, remove it before beginning the reset.
You have two options for resetting your Garmin Asus Garminfone.
Hard Reset Garmin Asus by Menu
- Press Menu from the Home display touch screen.
- Press Settings.
- Press the Menu key followed by Master Clear.
- If prompted, you may enter the password and finally press Yes to confirm.
- Wait for the formatting process to finish. The time it takes depends on the amount of data to be deleted.
- The handset will reboot automatically to factory settings.
Hard Reset Garmin Asus by button
This alternative method is recommended when the handset is frozen and the display touch screen is not working. Follow these steps, remembering to first back up any vital data:
- Remove all external power sources from the device.
- Then power off the handset. If it will not power off, remove and reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Navigation key to the left. Do not press the Up and Down keys simultaneously.
- Press and hold the Navigation and Power keys.
- Continue to hold the keys until Wipe User Data appears at the top of the screen.
- Release the buttons.
- Wait for about two minutes, until the handset has rebooted to its factory settings.
The above mentioned methods should yield good results so that you will continue to enjoy your Garmin device.