At some point, you may wish to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I545 mobile phone. Maybe you want to get rid of some settings that you do not want on your phone, or perhaps you are selling your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I545 to another person. Whatever your reason, resetting the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I545 is very easy to do. Before you begin be sure to back up any data that you want to keep or move to a different phone.
By following these 7 easy steps, you will successfully reset your Samsung Galaxy S4 in less than 5 minutes.
Here is how to do it:
- Turn off the phone and make sure the battery is fully charged.
- With the power off, press and hold the “Volume +”, Power, and Home keys at the same time.
- Once the phone vibrates, release the Power button but keep the “Volume +” and Home keys pressed. After a brief pause, the phone should display the Samsung Galaxy logo and then the Android logo should follow. When the Android logo appears, release the “Volume +” and Home keys. This puts the phone in recovery mode.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. This is done by moving the highlighted option using the “Volume –” key and selecting the required option by pressing the Power button.
- Select Yes – Delete All Data. Highlight this option using the Volume key and select the option by using the Power button. The Android logo and Progress Bar will appear. Wait until it the display indicates this progress is complete.
- From the available options that follow, select Reboot System Now using the Volume key and enter the option using the Power button.
- Wait for the phone to start up.
The hard reset is now complete and your handset is ready for use.