Hard reset is also known as Master Reset, which returns your device to the state it was when it left the factory. This means that everything added by the user is erased. Hard resets are accomplished through various procedures for different devices.
In contrast to the hard reset is the soft reset. This happens every time you restart your device. Most of the time, hard resets are performed when you want to fix a malfunction in your device or when you want to dispose it of by selling it.
Samsung Focus uses the Windows 7 phone operating system. A hard reset will permanently delete all your details, data, apps, and information saved in the device. It is therefore imperative that before you perform a hard reset on your Samsung Focus, or any other device, you back up all your data and information in the device. You can use online or physical back up devices, such as a storage cloud, computer, or chip.
Samsung Focus has three different ways to perform a hard reset. Following any of the below options will have Samsung back to its factory settings and good as new. Remember to back up your data before you embark on resetting your device.
5 Steps to Hard Reset Samsung Focus
- On the home screen, swipe to expose your apps.
- Select Settings.
- On Settings list, scroll down and select About.
- Select Reset your Phone.
- Select Yes to confirm and then tap Yes
Your Samsung Focus will be back to the state that it was when you bought it, with the original factory settings when it reboots.
You also have a choice to perform a hard reset on your Samsung Focus using its hardware keys. This comes in very handy when the phone freezes and is not responding.
Hard Reset Using the Hardware Keys
- Simultaneously hold down the POWER key, VOLUME DOWN key, and CAMERA key.
- Release the POWER key when the phone vibrates and keep pressing the other two buttons
- The screen will display the Format Release the VOLUME DOWN and CAMERA keys and select Format.
- Confirm Format to hard reset.
- Dial ##634# on the phone.
- Press the CALL button.
- When the diagnostic screen appears, dial *2767*3855#
Fortunately, if you cannot do the above, there is no another way to hard reset your Samsung Focus.
Knowing the above options, you will not have to worry about a malfunction with your Samsung Focus.