Cell phone and smartphone owners reset their devices all the time. A “soft” reset occurs every time a person turns their device off and then on. Soft resets rarely solve software and other problems related to the device, however.
Sometimes, a hard reset is the perfect solution, especially for the Samsung Captivate i897. A Samsung Captivate i897 hard reset is easy enough to accomplish no matter how good or bad a user is with the electronic devices.
Like other smartphones, certain problems can plague the Samsung i897. Apps can freeze and force close on a regular basis. Normal usage might result in glitches or slowed performance, which quickly becomes frustrating. Simply resetting the smartphone normally will not fix any of these issues completely. Therefore, a hard reset is the only viable option once a device runs into these performance issues. Otherwise, users will have to deal with a handicapped device.
In simple terms, a Samsung Captivate i897 hard reset wipes the phone and returns it back to its factory settings. The entire device is wiped of all user content, including images and videos. Downloaded apps and associated data are removed as well. A Captivate is then in the same settings and conditions as when the person purchased the phone new. After performing this hard reset, the user will need to download their apps and customize their device’s settings once again.
A hard reset for the Samsung Captivate is relatively simple, but many users find it somewhat annoying to carry out.
It is important to back up the data on the device before performing a factory reset. In the end, a hard reset can rid the device of performance issues and software problems. Hard resets are not always necessary, but they are easy enough to perform when needed. Each smartphone owner should know how to perform this task on the device because not all devices are the same.
How to Hard Reset the Samsung Captivate i897 from the Menu
- Bring your device to the home screen.
- Go to your device’s Settings tab.
- From the Settings tab, go to Privacy.
- Choose “Factory Reset” and if prompted enter your password. Allow the phone to reset.
Soft Keys Into the i897 Android System Recovery Mode
- Turn Off the phone.
- Press the POWER and VOLUME UP/DOWN keys at the same time until the phone switches ON.
Once the AT&T logo appears, release the POWER key while continuing to press the VOLUME UP/DOWN keys.
- Continue to press the VOLUME UP/DOWN keys for at least 8 Seconds, until Recovery Mode is launched and the Android System Recovery screen is displayed.
- Release the VOLUME UP/DOWN keys.
- The following options are now available:
- Reboot system now: this option turns on your phone.
- Reinstall packages: this option allows you to apply updates your phone.
- Delete all user data: deletes all data from the phones.
- Delete cache data: this option allows you delete all cache data such as long files.
- Use the VOLUME UP/DOWN keysto scroll UP or DOWN, and then use the POWER key to make a selection.