There are several methods of resetting your iPhone whenever it becomes unresponsive. The hard reset iPhone 5 is a preferred method of resetting your device especially when it begins to show signs of slow loading of applications.
The good thing about the hard reset is that it does not reset any settings on your phone instead, it frees up your device’s memory. However, it is recommended that you back up all your data because of the loss caused by the ‘erase all’ function in the hard reset menu.
Hard reset iPhone 5 running on iOS6 and faced with the slow performance:
- First, you should select settings from the Home screen.
- After selecting the settings option, you then proceed to select the general option
- Next, find and select at the bottom of the general menu the reset option.
- Once you select the reset option, select the erase all content and settings option before performing the last function of the hard reset.
- Finally after selecting the erase all content and setting option, proceed with the last step with is to select the erase iPhone option.
Follow this step by step guide to hard reset your phone if it is running on iOS7:
- From the home screen, select ‘settings’.
- Proceed to select the ‘general’ option after selecting the settings option and a list will appear.
- In the list under the general option, find and select the ‘reset’ option.
- From the list of options under rese, proceed to select the ‘erase all content and setting’ option.
- The fourth step will prompt you to enter a pass code therefore go ahead and enter your four-digit pass code.
- Once you enter the code, you wind up the hard reset process by selecting the “erase iPhone option.
Another interesting way to perform the hard reset on your iPhone 5 is to hard reset using iTunes when faced with the issues of poor software performance affecting media functions. To hard reset your iPhone 5 using iTunes, follow these steps and you will successfully hard reset your iPhone 5.
- Begin by disconnecting the USB cable from iPhone, leaving other end of USB cable connected to the computer.
- Press the power button on iPhone for a few seconds until the slide to power off switch appears.
- With the slide to power off switch appearing, slide the switch to the right to power off the device.
- Next, you need to press and hold the Home button as you connect the iPhone to the computer using the USB cable. When the Connect to iTunes screen appears on iPhone, the Home button can be released and if iTunes does not automatically open, then you should open the iTunes application on the computer.
- When the prompt ‘iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode’ appears, click OK.
Complete the hard reset by clicking Restore from iTunes.
Those are the basic ways of troubleshooting performance issues on your iPhone 5. The key thing to remember is backing up your data before carrying out hard reset on your iPhone 5.
If you know some other way please write comments.
You also can see how to do hard reset on: