Motorola Google Nexus 6 is a powerful Android phone, although problems like hanging, not responding, malfunctioning, freezing or bricking may occur. The two methods below are hence used to solve the problem. Before, always make sure to charge the phone fully and backup all the important data since it will be deleted.
Method 1: Hard Reset using hardware button key
- Switch off the device using the power button.
- Long-press the Volume Down and Power button together for a few second until the phone turn on again.
- Using the volume button to navigate downwards, a recovery option’ will appear on the LCD screen with a red triangle.
- When this Android image appears, long-press Volume Up button and the Power button until a menu bar appears.
- Using the Volume button, navigate down to choose Wipe data’ or Factory reset’ option.
- Scroll down using the volume button to select Delete all user data’ using the power button.
- For the next several minutes, the phone will perform the master reset.
- After that, select “reboot system now” to restart the phone.
Method 2: Hard Reset using menu settings
- Turn on the device using the power device.
- On the menu, select settings.
- Press Backup & reset option, then Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone’
- Press Erase everything’ and confirm the operation by selecting OK’.
The best and safest way to hard reset Motorola RAZR i XT890 is laid out on this guide. The process is almost similar to many other Android phones, but you should be careful to only follow the procedures below because Motorola RAZR iXT890 uses an older version of Android OS. Unlocking the phone can be achieved via two methods. The first one is the simplest one, but requires you to be able to access the settings.
This method will not work if you cannot access the menu. Some of the reasons you might not be able to access the menu include: too many wrong pattern attempts yet no network connection that would otherwise allow you to login using your Google account, or you forgot your pattern altogether.
Steps to do Hard Reset Motorola RAZR i XT890:
1. Go to the settings.
2. Choose ‘Back up and Reset.’
3. Turn off ‘Back up my data.’
4. Tap ‘Factory data reset’ and confirm.
5. Wait for the phone to reboot and complete the reset process and you are done.
This method is applicable when you can no longer access the settings menu. This happens when you forget your screen unlock password or pattern. The only way to access the phone will be to reset it.
1. Turn the phone off, remove the battery and re insert it.
2. Press the power button while holding down both the ‘Volume Up’ and ‘Volume Down’ keys.
3. On the blue menus that will appear, use the ‘Volume Down’ to scroll until you find ‘Recovery’ and use the ‘Volume Up’ to select it.
4. On the recovery menu, scroll down to ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ sing the ‘Volume Down’ and use the power button to confirm the selection.
5. You will be asked to choose to ‘clear all data’ which you will confirm with the power button again.
6. Wait for the process to complete and then select ‘reboot system’ or just remove the battery and reinsert it then power on the phone the normal way. Reset is now complete.
Motorolla G XT1032 is a top of the class quality phone that offers users the best performance. However, its hard reset can simply make many face some challenges that are hard to bear. You need to simply follow some key steps that will make it easier to reset.
Steps to do Hard Reset Motorola RAZR i XT890
1. Turning it off
You can simply manage to turn off as you hold the power button for a while then press the volume down button for atleast 3 seconds.
2. The Volume Down button
You then hold the key and press power button for a while and release again.
3. choose recovery option
You can choose the recovery option as you navigate volume down key and then confirm by pressing volume up key.
An Android logo will show then you will press volume up for a short while.
You press it and release power button followed by volume down key to select the wipe data or factory reset and push power button to check result and select delete user data option.
The first crucial steps to do Hard Reset Motorola Moto G CDMA XT1031
You first need to switch off the phone so that the hard reset may be effected.
Then you need to press the VOLUME DOWN, POWER KEY simultaneously for approximately three to five seconds before releasing the keys.
A pop up menu is supposed to appear and this is where you should go next. If this menu does not appear, then please follow the instructions above again.
You now need to go to RECOVERY and you should remember to use the volume down and not the volume up as this is really important.
To select you use the volume up. So click on the RECOVERY using volume up.
After you have done this, an exclamation mark that is android should come up.
Press at least two times the volume up plus the power key simultaneously. One click both should be enough for this procedure.
Now, you need to head to wipe data with the volume keys and use the power key to do the selection.
Your phone will do the rest.
When resetting you will use the internal settings of Motorola Droid Turbo phone
- You can simply complete the hard reset process by pressing on “Menu”.
- Select “Settings” and then press “Backup and Reset”.
- Now at that point choose “Factory data reset”.
- Tap “Reset phone” and agree to the warning alerts.
- Wait for the factory reset process to be completed.
Using the hardware method to hard reset Motorola DROID Turbo
- Turn off your Motorola Droid Turbo.
- Enter recovery mode on the Motorola Droid Turbo – that is done through bootloader mode.
- Once in recovery navigate the menu using volume up and down buttons for scrolling up and down. The power key is to select.
- Select the “wipe data factory reset”.
- Also select “Yes delete all user data” at the instance when prompted.
- Relax and Wait the hard reset operation as it is being performed.
- In the end, in the main menu of recovery choose “reboot system now”.
You have successfully completed the step by step guide. To that point you know simple and quick way to easily and safely hard reset the Motorola Droid Turbo.
The process involved to hard reset Motorola DROID MAXX XT1080M is simple. However, before you proceed, to be safe, make sure the phone is charged past 40%. Also, remember that you will lose all your personal data. You have two options to complete the process:
1. Press menu
2. Go to system settings
3. Select privacy
4. Tap Factory Data Reset
5. Confirm the selection and wait for the device to complete the process.
1. Power off the phone, and then power it on while holding the ‘Volume Down’ and the ‘Volume Up’ keys together and keep holding them for a while
2. On the boot options menu, scroll down to ‘recovery’ using the ‘Volume Down’ and use the ‘Volume Up’ button to select it
3. Scroll down again to ‘Wipe data/Factory data reset’ using the ‘Volume Down’ and select it using the power button
4. Scroll to ‘Yes delete all user data’ and confirm it using the power button and wait for the process to complete
5. Confirm a reboot via the power button. Your phone should now be reset to the factory settings.
Sometimes one may have encountered performance issues with their Motorola Moto X. one way of eliminating such issues is by factory resetting it. Resetting Moto X means deleting all the personal files on it. However, this does not mean that one cannot recover them anymore. A secure wiping app can be used to safeguard the security of personal stuff. There are two ways one can reset your Moto X
How to Hard Reset Motorola Moto X
- Do it in the phone’s settings
Here, one will have to go to settings, tap on the backup and reset, tap on the factory data reset and then reset the phone.
- Another way one can hard reset your Motorola Moto X is by following the steps below.
- Turn off the device
- Press the volume down button for three seconds and then power it and release. It displays Boot options, and the volume down is used to scroll and highlight the recovery option. The volume up key will enable one to select the recovery option.
- In case the device takes too long to boot, and then one can repeat the process.
- The Motorola logo will show then a broken Android logo
- As it does this one should keep pressing the volume up for about ten of fifteen seconds. The next step is to tap and release the power button.
- What follows is to reset the phone by selecting the factory data reset and then selecting it using the power key.
- After the formatting is over, then one can restart their phone.
Hard reset Motorola Moto G normally is done if it is slow and takes long to respond. By performing this operation will restore the phone factory settings . You can use any of stock recovery image bellow:
Classic method to Hard Reset Motorola Moto G
This method is applied by use of the menu of Motorola Moto G.
– Tap on menu icon from Motorola Moto G.
– Then select settings. Choose backup and reset followed by factory data reset.
– Up next select reset phone and then wait hard reset procedure to be completed.
Manual method to Hard Reset Motorola Moto G
For this method it performs external hard reset of Motorola Moto G.
– First turn off Motorola Moto G. Enter Motorola Moto G in recovery mode.
– select “wipe data the factory reset”.
– Use Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll down and up then press Power button to select any option option.
– Clear cache if it is still slow.
– From the menu select the “wipe cache partition”.
– Return to main ,select the button “reboot system now” and the process will be complete.
Do you have any idea on how to reset your Motorola DROID Ultra XT1080?
Well if not, you are in the right place to find out. You have three options to reset the phone. Which one you choose depends ultimately on your needs and the desired results.
- The first option is a simple reset that will not erase data on your phone.
- First, press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time for about 20 seconds. The device will restart and go through its normal boot-up sequence.
- The second method will erase all data on your phone. To perform this method, touch the Start Button and go to Settings. From here, touch Factory Data Reset. To reset the phone, simply follow the directions provided to you. It is an easy and stress-free method.
Sometimes you may not be able to access the phone menu. In those situations, you would use the standard External Factory Reset method. When using this method, all data saved to your phone will be deleted. You must also have at least 25% batter life on your device to perform it. If you do not have enough battery life, or you cannot complete the reset before your battery life runs out, recharge your phone for about 30 minutes, and begin or restart the process.
- To perform the External Factory Reset, which can be done while the phone is off, press the Volume Down button for about 3 seconds, and then press and release the Power button. The device will display multiple booting options. Use the Volume Down button to scroll through the options and Volume Up to select the option you want. Note that if you allow the device to reboot, you will have to start over again to reset the device. After you make your reboot selection, you will see the Motorola and Android logos on screen with an Exclamation (!) mark. Press the Volume Up key for about 15 seconds. While doing so, press and release the Power button.
Remember before trying to reset your phone to take steps to ensure you do not lose important data, such as files, photos, and phone numbers. Before attempting any reset, back up data on your phone onto a removal storage device or media storage card.
Different devices require different processes to reset them, and you should be aware of the correct procedure to reset your device to avoid damaging it. Using the wrong procedure can affect the normal programming of your device. This means that you will have to take it to a professional for repair, which will cost you money and extra time.
To hard reset Motorola Droid Razr Maxx XT912, begin by switching off the device.
Next, follow these steps to reset the device:
- Press and hold Volume Down, Volume Up, and Power. When you release the buttons, the device should enter into Bootloader mode and display a menu.
- From the Bootloader menu, select the recovery option using the Volume Down button.
- Immediately press the Volume Up button. An Android with a triangle will appear. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Next, select Factory Reset/Wipe Data. Use the Volume bottons to browse icons until you find the correct one. After selecting Factory Reset/Wipe Data press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- An option of deleting all user data will appear. Accept by using the Power button.
- Next, use the power button to select Reboot System Now.
You have now performed a hard reset of your Motorola Droid Razr Maxx XT912.
Note: Performing a hard reset on this device will erase all data. It is very important that you back up the data on an external storage card for later retrieval.