The PlayStation 3 console is essential and quite reliable for media and gaming use, but it is prone to numerous problems that may lead to difficulties when operating it.
The hard reset PlayStation 3 is necessary to correct these problems. Different reset options are available for you to choose from, depending on the type and severity of the problems you are facing. You are required to do a hard reset if you are experiencing major problems with your PS3, such as locking up or the device not playing movies or games.
Here is the most effective hard reset procedure for the PS3. Be sure to back up your settings or games saves.
This is the last set you should take to repair your device before attempting to return or replace it.
- Power off the PS3 via the power switch in back, and then turn the power back on.
- Use the front power button to turn on the PS3, holding it down until you hear three beeps.
- Complete the initial setups and run a full format via System > Format. This takes approximately three hours. If HDMI is not detected after you are through with the initial reset then have AV cables ready.
- If you created a back up of data, restore your data now.
If you follow this procedure, your problems will be resolved.
Indications that you may need a hard reset:
- No hard drive activity.
- Freezing issues when you are doing anything with it.
- Movie or game disc freezes system.
- Freezing when trying to use onboard keyboard or trying to bring up keyboard
In general, the PlayStation consoles can experience many problems which may be confusing and hard to fix. Some of these problems can be simple to fix and only require your ears and hands to solve.
Easy to fix problems include; black screen at Boot Ups and most console freeze issues.
Hard reset is the last resort procedure, which is important before sending your console back to Sony or getting your console repaired.
If you do not reset your device it is possible that other repair options may not fix all of the issues you are having with your device.