Your device may fail to restart if the battery level is low. Connect your device to a charger and try restarting again.
To force your device to restart
- Press and hold down the power key .
- In the menu that opens, tap Restart. The device restarts automatically.
To force the device to shut down
Detach the cover of the micro SIM card slot.
- Using the tip of a pen or a similar object, press and hold down the OFF button until the device shuts down.
Do not use overly sharp objects that could damage the OFF button.
To perform a hard reset Sony Xperia T2
To avoid permanent damage to your device, do not restart your device while a reset procedure is underway.
- Before you start, make sure to back up any important data that is saved on the internal memory of your device to a memory card or other non-internal memory.
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- To delete information such as music and pictures from your internal storage, mark the relevant checkbox.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If required, draw your screen unlock pattern or enter your screen unlock password or PIN to continue.
- To confirm, tap Erase everything.
Your device does not revert to an earlier software version of Android™ even if you perform a factory data reset
If you forget your screen unlock password, PIN or pattern in step 6, you can use the device repair feature in PC Companion or Sony Bridge for Mac to erase the security layer. By running the repair feature, you are reinstalling software for your device and you may lose some personal data in the process.