Instead of rushing to a shop for repair or purchase another handset, one can try one of the following procedures to hard reset SamsungJ700H/DS. The battery should be fully charged or more then 70%. It is important to backup vital information such as contacts messages, images, emails and settings. Remove the SD card and SIM card. It is important to backup your data on a hard drive, raid system media because after hard reset data is wiped clean.
Hard reset Samsung J700/DS J710h by using External Keys
- In Recovery Mode select factory reset
- Press the Power key as a confirmation
- Select Yes to erase all data and then confirm by pressing the power key
- Select Reboot system to finish hard reset
Reset Via Master key
- Press power button to turn the device on
- Enter this code in dialer: *2767*3855#
- Tap Call key to confirm whole Factory reset procedure, the device should reboot
If these don’t work, then take the device to a repair shop for further assistance.
To do Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 there are mainly three ways :
1. By using phones Dialpad.
This is the best method for those who don’t have good knowledge about the Operating System of the phone.
To do this you need to :
• Dial the number *2767*3855# in your Samsung Galaxy S3. That’s it your done and your will phone automatically get factory reset.
2 Reset from Startup
It might be quiet difficult.
So follow the following steps carefully:
• Power Off the phone.
• Restart it by pressing volume key (up), power key and home button.
• You will see the Recovery screen. Scroll down by using volumes keys.
• Select factory data reset by using Home button.
3 By using settings of your phone
This method is also an easy just like the 1st one.
You will have to do the following:
- Go to the settings of your phone.
- Search for Backup & Reset. Select it and in it click the Factory Data Reset.
- You are done.
- It is important to note that by using any of the above method your data will permanently erase from your phone and will not be able get it back. Therefore it recommended to do this at your own risk.
Hard reset Samsung Galaxy A3 normally is done if it is slow and takes long to start some applications. By performing this operation will restore the phone factory settings. You can use any of the methods bellow:
External hard reset of Samsung Galaxy A3.
– First turn off Samsung Galaxy A3.
– Enter Samsung Galaxy A3 in recovery mode.
– Select “wipe data the factory reset”.
– Use Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll down and up then press Power button to select any option.
– Clear cache if it is still slow.
– From the menu select the “wipe cache partition”.
– Return to main, select the button “reboot system now” and the process will be complete.
Use of the menu of Samsung Galaxy A3.
– Tap on menu icon from Samsung Galaxy A3.
– Then select “settings”. Choose backup and reset highlight “factory data reset”.
– Next select “reset phone” and then wait hard reset procedure to be completed.
Hard reset Samsung Galaxy A5 normally is done if it is slow and takes long to start some applications. By performing this operation will restore the phone factory settings.
Classic method to do hard reset of Samsung Galaxy A5.
This method is applied by use of the menu of Samsung Galaxy A5.
-Tap on menu icon from Samsung Galaxy A5.
-Then select settings. Choose backup and reset followed by factory data reset.
-Up next select reset phone and then wait hard reset procedure to be completed.
Manual method to do hard reset Samsung Galaxy A5.
-First turn off Samsung Galaxy A5. Enter Samsung Galaxy A5 in recovery mode.
-select “wipe data the factory reset”.
-Use Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll down and up then press Power button to select any option.
-Clear cache if it is still slow.
-From the menu select the “wipe cache partition”.
-Return to main, select the button “reboot system now” and the process will be complete.
At some point, you may wish to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I545 mobile phone. Maybe you want to get rid of some settings that you do not want on your phone, or perhaps you are selling your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I545 to another person. Whatever your reason, resetting the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I545 is very easy to do. Before you begin be sure to back up any data that you want to keep or move to a different phone.
By following these 7 easy steps, you will successfully reset your Samsung Galaxy S4 in less than 5 minutes.
Here is how to do it:
- Turn off the phone and make sure the battery is fully charged.
- With the power off, press and hold the “Volume +”, Power, and Home keys at the same time.
- Once the phone vibrates, release the Power button but keep the “Volume +” and Home keys pressed. After a brief pause, the phone should display the Samsung Galaxy logo and then the Android logo should follow. When the Android logo appears, release the “Volume +” and Home keys. This puts the phone in recovery mode.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. This is done by moving the highlighted option using the “Volume –” key and selecting the required option by pressing the Power button.
- Select Yes – Delete All Data. Highlight this option using the Volume key and select the option by using the Power button. The Android logo and Progress Bar will appear. Wait until it the display indicates this progress is complete.
- From the available options that follow, select Reboot System Now using the Volume key and enter the option using the Power button.
- Wait for the phone to start up.
The hard reset is now complete and your handset is ready for use.
The advent of new technology in the manufacturing of cell phones has led to the production of top-notch, multitasking devices. The Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V is a classic phone with enhanced features that makes good use of the Android operating system.
However, due to technological changes and long use, users of this cell phone may begin to experience some challenges. Connectivity may be compromised, leading to slow network connections and difficulty in making and receiving calls. The solution to such problems is to reset the Samsung S5 SM-G900V. By resetting the phone, you restore the functionality of this portable hard held device back to the settings it had prior to leaving the factory.
Other reasons that may necessitate a hard reset:
- You want to sell your device. This cell phone has an internal memory that stores relevant personal data. Therefore, it is wise to erase all the data prior to selling the phone. This will prevent the data from landing into the wrong hands
- You want to improve functionality. It is prudent to get rid of corrupted data stored in the internal memory as this could compromise the normal functionality of the phone, resulting in poor connectivity and call quality.
Note: during the process of resetting the phone, you will lose the following information; be sure to back up any data that you do not want lost:
- All the names, phone numbers, and email addresses saved in the phone book.
- Call records.
- Information stored in the internal memory such as pictures, images, and music.
How to Hard Reset Samsung S5 SM-900V
- Switch off the phone. Switching off the phone enables you to remove and then restore the battery back to its original position. This temporarily disrupts the flow of power to the device. Replace the back piece of the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and Power button simultaneously. This will prompt the Android trademark to appear and turns on the phone. This process also switches on the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key. This brings up the option to erase or restores factory settings.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key until the option OK By selecting OK, all data will be deleted and the device will be reset.
Press the power key and allow the phone to reboot and start.
Cell phone and smartphone owners reset their devices all the time. A “soft” reset occurs every time a person turns their device off and then on. Soft resets rarely solve software and other problems related to the device, however.
Sometimes, a hard reset is the perfect solution, especially for the Samsung Captivate i897. A Samsung Captivate i897 hard reset is easy enough to accomplish no matter how good or bad a user is with the electronic devices.
Like other smartphones, certain problems can plague the Samsung i897. Apps can freeze and force close on a regular basis. Normal usage might result in glitches or slowed performance, which quickly becomes frustrating. Simply resetting the smartphone normally will not fix any of these issues completely. Therefore, a hard reset is the only viable option once a device runs into these performance issues. Otherwise, users will have to deal with a handicapped device.
In simple terms, a Samsung Captivate i897 hard reset wipes the phone and returns it back to its factory settings. The entire device is wiped of all user content, including images and videos. Downloaded apps and associated data are removed as well. A Captivate is then in the same settings and conditions as when the person purchased the phone new. After performing this hard reset, the user will need to download their apps and customize their device’s settings once again.
A hard reset for the Samsung Captivate is relatively simple, but many users find it somewhat annoying to carry out.
It is important to back up the data on the device before performing a factory reset. In the end, a hard reset can rid the device of performance issues and software problems. Hard resets are not always necessary, but they are easy enough to perform when needed. Each smartphone owner should know how to perform this task on the device because not all devices are the same.
How to Hard Reset the Samsung Captivate i897 from the Menu
- Bring your device to the home screen.
- Go to your device’s Settings tab.
- From the Settings tab, go to Privacy.
- Choose “Factory Reset” and if prompted enter your password. Allow the phone to reset.
Soft Keys Into the i897 Android System Recovery Mode
- Turn Off the phone.
- Press the POWER and VOLUME UP/DOWN keys at the same time until the phone switches ON.
Once the AT&T logo appears, release the POWER key while continuing to press the VOLUME UP/DOWN keys.
- Continue to press the VOLUME UP/DOWN keys for at least 8 Seconds, until Recovery Mode is launched and the Android System Recovery screen is displayed.
- Release the VOLUME UP/DOWN keys.
- The following options are now available:
- Reboot system now: this option turns on your phone.
- Reinstall packages: this option allows you to apply updates your phone.
- Delete all user data: deletes all data from the phones.
- Delete cache data: this option allows you delete all cache data such as long files.
- Use the VOLUME UP/DOWN keysto scroll UP or DOWN, and then use the POWER key to make a selection.
Before you purchase a new Samsung cell phone or even a new tablet-phone, you have to know how to reset it. First, you have to charge the battery, backup important data, and then take the SIM and SD cards out of the device.
Use one of these methods to hard reset Samsung T249 phone:
- On the keypad, enter the code *2767*3855#.
- From the main screen, select Menu.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Reset Settings.
- Scroll to and select Master Reset.
- Select one of the following options:
- Clear user data
- Restore settings
- Restore and clear
- Enter six zeros (000000).
- Select OK.
Remember: All the data such as contacts, messages, etc. will be lost! This means that you have to copy all the Contacts/Data/Messages etc. to the SIM or SD card, or make a backup to the PC before a full reset! Make sure you take out the SIM and SD cards prior to a reset.
This will make it possible to recover all your data after the hard reset, thus it is important. For your data, you should put a backup on an external device such as hard drive, media, or raid system. Whether you have experience or not, if the cell phone is lost, stolen, or damaged, you will have at least the valuable data backed up in safe place.
How do I Unlock Samsung SGH-T249?
On YouTube you can find video manuals on how to unlock SGH-T249.
Hard reset is also known as Master Reset, which returns your device to the state it was when it left the factory. This means that everything added by the user is erased. Hard resets are accomplished through various procedures for different devices.
In contrast to the hard reset is the soft reset. This happens every time you restart your device. Most of the time, hard resets are performed when you want to fix a malfunction in your device or when you want to dispose it of by selling it.
Samsung Focus uses the Windows 7 phone operating system. A hard reset will permanently delete all your details, data, apps, and information saved in the device. It is therefore imperative that before you perform a hard reset on your Samsung Focus, or any other device, you back up all your data and information in the device. You can use online or physical back up devices, such as a storage cloud, computer, or chip.
Samsung Focus has three different ways to perform a hard reset. Following any of the below options will have Samsung back to its factory settings and good as new. Remember to back up your data before you embark on resetting your device.
5 Steps to Hard Reset Samsung Focus
- On the home screen, swipe to expose your apps.
- Select Settings.
- On Settings list, scroll down and select About.
- Select Reset your Phone.
- Select Yes to confirm and then tap Yes
Your Samsung Focus will be back to the state that it was when you bought it, with the original factory settings when it reboots.
You also have a choice to perform a hard reset on your Samsung Focus using its hardware keys. This comes in very handy when the phone freezes and is not responding.
Hard Reset Using the Hardware Keys
- Simultaneously hold down the POWER key, VOLUME DOWN key, and CAMERA key.
- Release the POWER key when the phone vibrates and keep pressing the other two buttons
- The screen will display the Format Release the VOLUME DOWN and CAMERA keys and select Format.
- Confirm Format to hard reset.
- Dial ##634# on the phone.
- Press the CALL button.
- When the diagnostic screen appears, dial *2767*3855#
Fortunately, if you cannot do the above, there is no another way to hard reset your Samsung Focus.
Knowing the above options, you will not have to worry about a malfunction with your Samsung Focus.
GT P7100 Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the first tablet from Samsung with a 10.1-inch HD display and supporting HSPA+, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n connectivity. It also features a 3 megapixel rear camera and a 2 megapixel front camera, providing seamless 1080p HD video. The device is powered by a 1GHz dual core application processor.
What to do if you have forgotten your pattern (or as I call it Graphic key) or password on your gt-p7100?
Don’t worry there are few methods to recover or reset the Forgotten password.
- Try to unlock 5 times. After the fifth unsuccessful attempt, a notification will appear. Tap OK and allow the retry timer to count down to zero.
- Now it will ask you to write the email ID and password.
- Enter the Username and Password for the Google account attached to the device and tap Sign in.
- Draw a new unlock pattern to replace the forgotten one and tap Continue.
- To delete the drawn pattern and create a different one, tap Retry.
- Draw the same pattern again and tap Confirm.
If the first way does not work try the second: hard reset your device.
Attention “Factory reset” will delete all your data (settings and apps)
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power button.
- Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo, but continue to hold Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate the menu and select wipe data / factory reset. Press Home to choose the selection.
- Press Volume Up continue.
The Galaxy Tab should then go through the hard reset process.
In the future: write down your password on your memory and have a nice Day