If someone has a Huawei prism, it is common knowledge that at some point, they will likely become bored with it, and decide to dispose it and find another new one. The money acquired from the sell can be used to purchase a new smart handset. However, the same old handset can be given to anyone for them to use if they want to purchase it from you, too. Therefore, before you transfer the ownership of the handset, it is a good idea to get rid of any sensitive information or personal data that can cause harm to either yourself or to the new owner. A hard reset is crucial at this stage. Unfortunately, most Huawei prism users lack this knowledge, and so the following are steps to be followed:
There are two methods used: the first uses a series of menu prompts and menus while the second involves using the buttons themselves to trigger the reset.
First way to Hard Reset Huawei Prism:
- For all data saved in the internal memory of the phone, create a backup
- Press the Menu button at the home tap
- At Settings, press Privacy, then press Factory Reset, checking on the SD card Erase option, then press on the Erase Everything tap
- Immediately, the phone displays on its screen loading sign, please wait while the process of erasing continues (which largely depends on the data in the handset to be erased). After erasing, the handset will reboot itself automatically to its original factory settings, as can be displayed by a new Huawei prism handset
Second way to do Hard Reset Huawei Prism:
- As stated above, this procedure uses combinations of hardware buttons. This method is useful when navigation of the handset using its display touch screen is not possible; i.e. the phone has frozen. The power button is pressed simultaneously with the volume key (+)
- Continue pressing both keys until the T-Mobile flashing logo passes
- At that stage, some menu will be seen. The volume button will be used to navigate up or down while Select will be navigated by power button.
- Then, select Factory Reset or Wipe Data, press Yes and accept to Delete All Data
- The wait will begin since the amount of time it will take for this to finish is based on the amount of user data to be deleted.
- Press Reboot System Now to end the process
Using either of the two methods described above will allow anyone to hard reset Huawei prism handset.