The best and safest way to hard reset Motorola RAZR i XT890 is laid out on this guide. The process is almost similar to many other Android phones, but you should be careful to only follow the procedures below because Motorola RAZR iXT890 uses an older version of Android OS. Unlocking the phone can be achieved via two methods. The first one is the simplest one, but requires you to be able to access the settings.
This method will not work if you cannot access the menu. Some of the reasons you might not be able to access the menu include: too many wrong pattern attempts yet no network connection that would otherwise allow you to login using your Google account, or you forgot your pattern altogether.
Steps to do Hard Reset Motorola RAZR i XT890:
1. Go to the settings.
2. Choose ‘Back up and Reset.’
3. Turn off ‘Back up my data.’
4. Tap ‘Factory data reset’ and confirm.
5. Wait for the phone to reboot and complete the reset process and you are done.
This method is applicable when you can no longer access the settings menu. This happens when you forget your screen unlock password or pattern. The only way to access the phone will be to reset it.
1. Turn the phone off, remove the battery and re insert it.
2. Press the power button while holding down both the ‘Volume Up’ and ‘Volume Down’ keys.
3. On the blue menus that will appear, use the ‘Volume Down’ to scroll until you find ‘Recovery’ and use the ‘Volume Up’ to select it.
4. On the recovery menu, scroll down to ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ sing the ‘Volume Down’ and use the power button to confirm the selection.
5. You will be asked to choose to ‘clear all data’ which you will confirm with the power button again.
6. Wait for the process to complete and then select ‘reboot system’ or just remove the battery and reinsert it then power on the phone the normal way. Reset is now complete.