It is very important to note the process of a hard reset on your HTC Incredible device will delete all the data that your phone currently has stored on it. However, this process does not interfere or delete the data stored in you microSD card. Before carrying out this procedure, back up personal data first as this process is not reversible. This inbuilt process clears all the secondary data in the device and restores its original factory setting. All downloaded and installed files will be lost in this process. Customized settings will be deleted and lost too.
Carry out a hard reset when it is necessary. This is when the installed applications affect the functioning of the phone.
Some reasons for carrying out hard reset HTC Incredible :
- when you can hear someone when making a call
- crashing of applications
- forgotten passwords of some vital applications.
When you are not sure of the underlying cause of the malfunctioning that is plaguing your phone, it is a good idea to consult a technical support representative for help before deciding to hard reset your gadget.
Here are the steps which are followed using hardware buttons
- Switch of your gadget. This should be checked carefully to confirm that it is not in a frozen mode. If frozen, remove the battery and then insert it again. Ensure it is switched off after reinserting.
- With one finger, press the volume button and hold it down.
- With another finger, press the power button and hold it down until the display is turned off.
- A menu with four options will then be displayed. The four options are fastbook, clear storage, simlock and recovery. For restoring factory setting, you select the clear storage option. To make this selection, press the volume down button.
- Press the power button to select the highlighted option and then release it.
- A prompt will appear asking you to confirm the process. The volume up button is for YES while the volume down button is for NO. To confirm the resetting process, select yes for the process to take place.
Through this process, all data including third party applications will be lost. The gadget will then start up in a fresh state. All passwords will be lost and one can make new changes and settings at will. The phone is similar to a new phone straight from the factory.
When using touch screens, the following procedure is followed:
- On the lower left, select the application tab for the home screen.
- Move on and select settings.
- Select SD and phone storage.
- A section of personal data will be displayed. From here, select factory data reset.
- Make sure that you select the correct option here. These are either rest phone or reset phone and internal storage.
- Select erase everything. This deletes all stored data and settings in the phone.
- It is from here that you will refer to the initial activation and set up as well.