A hard reset, also referred as a factory data reset, reinstates original factory default icons to the Droid. The factory information reset eliminates every applications, accounts, folders, and files stored on the device. The hard reset is commonly the final option when troubleshooting a routine problem or dealing with a forgotten lock display password.
You ought to execute a hard reset when shifting possession of your handset to delete all susceptible data.
If you can trace the icons menu on the Droid, you will do the reset from the privacy settings display.
If you are not able to access the menu, you will have to complete the reset using hardware buttons on the device.
The HTC Droid Incredible is extremely customizable and while you might have been having fun customizing it to your liking, that time has passed and it looks like you are going to have to reset everything to the way the factory set it for shipping.
Here are lists showing how to hard reset HTC Droid Incredible with step by step:
- Touch the “Settings” icon in the Droid home screen to launch the Settings app.
- Touch the “Privacy” selection to open the Privacy Settings screen.
- Stroke the “Factory Data Reset” option in the Privacy Setting menu. The Factory Data Reset display opens.
- Touch the “Reset Handset” key. An alarm screen displays, indicating that all data will be erased when performing the Reset.
- Touch the “Delete Everything” option to verify the reset. The Droid is returned to its initial factory settings.
- Tap the power icon, and then select “Power Off” to turn off the Motorola Droid. If your device fails to boot up, remove the battery for 10 seconds. Then replace it to make sure the device entirely powered off.
- Tap the Power Button.
- Press and hold the “X” icon whereas pressing the power button to unlock the Android recovery screen.
- Let go the Power icon and “X” key in case you see the Android revival monitor.
- Hold down both the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons for 10 sec, and then release only the Volume Down button. The Android recuperation menu shows.
- Scroll the “Factory organizer Wipe Data” alternative using the Volume Down icon. Tap the central icon in five-way Steering pad to choose the option. A verification monitor shows.
- Scroll the “Yes – Delete All User Data” alternative, and then press the central Steering key to choose. All information is wiped from the Droid. When completed, the Reboot Device Now message appears.
- Press the middle Navigation key to choose the “Reboot System Now” preference. The Droid reboots, then powers up with factory settings reinstated.
Generally, selling your phone to a stranger as-is enables that person access all your text massages, music, email and other crucial information for a few dollars. To confirm that your personal data is secure, just follow the above steps to fully wipe your gadget before you trade it. This process is very simple. Deleting all your data will hard reset Droid Incredible to its original condition hence ensuring your personal and confidential information is inaccessible to unauthorized people in the future.